Interplay2015, 2-5 November 2015, Brisbane, Australia
To download the guidelines please click here.
To download the IASDR 2015 exhibition template please click the below link.
|15 August 2015||Exhibition proposals deadline
(Extended abstract using short paper/poster template)
|30 August 2015||Notification of preliminary acceptance|
|15 September 2015||Notification of final acceptance|
|15 September2015||Accepted work submission deadline|
|2 November 2015||IASDR2015 INTERPLAY starts|
We are calling for design-led researchers to submit their work for exhibition at IASDR 2015. The exhibition will present original research through design or creative “artifacts” drawn from a broad range of design domains, including: architecture, planning, industrial design, engineering design, software, interaction design, fashion and media design. Works will be presented in a gallery setting, and accompanied by a published extended abstracts, in the proceedings. The submissions should show that the work demonstrates design knowledge, and articulate a relationship to research within an artifact design.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts based on the criteria below. The aim is to provide design researchers platform to show non-traditional outputs with a “publication” outcome which has external validity analogous to text based publications. The exhibition will be curated. The selection criteria are the following:
- Relevance to the IASDR2015 theme
- Originality and innovation: the work should demonstrate design that is highly original, creative or innovative, and make a contribution to the society
- Quality of research / investigation: The work should express new design knowledge, or communicate new ways of thinking about design, or engage in a critique of present and emerging design.
- Quality of design execution: It must be made and executed to a high standard suitable for exhibition at IASDR2015.
Information about the specific work should be submitted as a two-page extended abstract, including figures and references. Please refer to IASDR2015 short paper/poster format.
The extended abstract should describe the work and articulate its relationship to research and/or how it is an expression of new design knowledge.
For selection, and curation of the exhibition we require details about the specific work to be presented. Including:
- Images (high resolution) and or video of the work.
- Technical details including: dimensions, materials, and other installation requirements.
Exhibition Proposals should be submitted through submission system as pdf document. The conference submission system can be accessed from the conference website.
All accepted Exhibition proposals will be published in IASDR2015 Proceedings.
Authors of accepted work are expected to attend IASDR2015.